08 August 2009

Ulster Championships 2009

Dodging the rain showers and chatting with the Dignitaries - who
included the Minister from DCAL - a pleasant afternoon was passed at
the Ulsters in Newcastle.

Cullybackey impressed with their now characteristic clean fingering in
Grade 1. I didn't stay for the results but am guessing Field Marshall
should have topped the pile. SLOT get better every year and I suspect
should have been close behind. I'll post a link to the results when
they appear on line

[updated] The results are now up here and I think that I have reason to feel a little smug. FM won with SLOT in second - gettting two firsts in the MSR. Interesting to see that the overseas bands struggled. Hopefully that bodes well for the Worlds next week - although the stronger competition should be from Scotland and Canada.

That has given me an idea for the Worlds next week. Hmmmmm. I'll
ruminate on it and post later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Normal Service Resumed

The abnormal sunshine of the last few days in Glasgow has been replaced by more usual grey skies and heavy spots of rain. This year we ha...